INSTRUCTIONS TO CONTRIBUTORS
1. Manuscripts must be typed double spaced, on one side of good quality paper (A4 size) with 1.25" margins. Papers should not exceed 10 (ten) typed pages. The cover letter of a manuscript must be signed by all co-authors.
2. The first page of the manuscript should contain only the title and the name and address of the author(s); the second page, the title and abstract. The Abstract should be followed by key words consisting of not more than eight words.
3. Title: Titles should be concise but precise, followed by a brief abstract. Abstract should indicate the objective and precise results of the study. A full paper should have the following subtitles: (a) Introduction (General discussions about the importance of the subject and need for further studies; Review of only relevant literature that are closely related to the subject of research; and objective/s); (b) Material and Methods (Only the most important ones used should be mentioned (if necessary). Methods should be mentioned as briefly as possible, but clearly understood; (c) Results; (d) Discussion (Author(s) should discuss their findings comparing with those of the others, wherever necessary, but always highlight their own findings clearly); Author (s) may include "Results and Discussion" together; (e) Conclusions (if any, must be in conformity with the objectives mentioned in the Introduction); (f) Acknowledgments (if any); and (g) Literature Cited. In case of 'Scientific note', it should deal with one or two small issues; there should be no subtitles. No scientific note should exceed four typed pages.
4. Tables: Tables must be typed on separate sheets of paper. Columns in the tables must be suitably titled and units of measurements given. Large and cumbersome tables should be avoided. The same data must not be given both in tables and graphs.
5. Illustrations: Drawings and graphs should be made in India ink or created by a standard software and printed in a laser printer. The scale of the figures, where required, must be indicated by a scale line on the drawing itself. The plates should be reduced for publication to a size not exceeding 4.5 ´ 6.5 inches. Legends for figures should be typed on a separate page. Photographic plates should be numbered sequentially and separately from text figure. Only glossy prints, either black and white, or coloured are acceptable. The Excell files should be supplied for the press.
6. Literature cited: References in the text should be listed in "LITERATURE CITED" at the end of the paper. Authors of papers and books shall be listed alphabetically in capital letters. Two papers published by the same author in one year must be cited as, e.g. Ameen (1983 a,b). In citing references the author's name should be followed by the year of publication, title of the paper, name of the journal with volume and the pages included (see example below). Titles of the journals must be abbreviated according to the latest edition of the World List of Scientific Periodicals. When reference is made to a book as a whole the total number of pages should be mentioned, but in the case of a few pages of the book, only the concerned pages may be mentioned (see below).
7. The authors must follow STRICTLY the style of the journal.
AMEEN, M. and RAHMAN, M.F. 1973. Larval and adult digestive tracts of Tribolium castaneum (Herbst) (Coleoptera: Tenebrionidae). Int. J. Insect Morphol. & Embryol. 2: 137-152.
de BEER, G.R. 1940. Embryology and Taxonomy. In: The New Systematics. (Ed., Huxley, J.) Oxford Univ. Press, London, pp. 365-393.
ALI, S. and RIPLEY, S.D. 1973. Handbook of the Birds of India and Pakistan. Oxford Univ. Press, Bombay, London, New York. Vol. 8, xvi + 227 pp.
CHOWDHURY, S.H. 1970. Functional changes in the midgut epithelium of the larva of Chaoborus obscruipes Van der Wulp (in Russian with English summary) Zool. Zh. 49: 249-256.
Reprints: Authors will receive 15 reprints. Additional copies may be obtained by advance order and coast for which must be placed when the final manuscript is submitted.
MANUSCRIPTS for publication should be sent in duplicate, to the Editor-in-Chief, Bangladesh Journal of Zoology, Department of Zoology, University of Dhaka, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.